2019 marks the Bicentennial of the Prado National Museum, which first opened its doors on November 19, 1819.
As part of its Bicentennial celebrations, the Prado will schedule a special programme of exhibitions and activities to reflect on its history and future, lasting until the end of the year.
The central objective of this Bicentennial celebration is to highlight the national and international importance of the Prado Museum and explain how, since its inauguration with 311 paintings belonging to the Royal Collection, it has become the main cultural institution in Spain.
Check now the full programme of activities (https://www.museodelprado.es/bicentenario) and do not miss the opportunity to enjoy this visit during your stay in Bluesock Hostels Madrid.
- You are still in time to celebrate the 200 years of the Prado Museum
- In July, Cascais becomes the International Capital of Jazz
- The opening of Bluesock Hostels Madrid and the end of The Champions: A perfect combo
- Fourth Edition of the Porto & Matosinhos Wave Series
- NOS Primavera Sound will fill Porto with music
on June 6, 7 and 8