From March 19 to 31, Porto will host a photography exhibition focused on the work of the artist of unknown identity, Banksy. A work that enjoys worldwide recognition for its critical look at the values of society, tackling topics such as war, the environment or child poverty with brilliance.
The exhibition, organized by the British photographer Barry Cawston, can be seen at the Alfândega do Porto, located a short distance from our hostel. It includes dozens of portraits of Banksy’s main works, as well as an audio-visual installation in which documentaries focused on the figure of the artist will be shown.
In addition, this exhibition will also give the visitor the opportunity to approach the work of several emerging Portuguese artists, whose works already stand out in the field of urban art.
- In July, Cascais becomes the International Capital of Jazz
- The opening of Bluesock Hostels Madrid and the end of The Champions: A perfect combo
- Fourth Edition of the Porto & Matosinhos Wave Series
- NOS Primavera Sound will fill Porto with music
on June 6, 7 and 8
- Alfândega do Porto presents the exhibition
“Banksy’s Dismaland and Others by Barry Cawston”